OK, so I know August 27th is not exactly the day that comes after June 25th (the date of my last post here) but this summer was so much busier than I could ever have imagined that I feel like I have a valid excuse for the silence. Really! To summarize, this is basically what happened this summer:
- The tours became really popular in June and I started to see some fully booked days.
- I got featured in the New York times and all of a sudden almost all of my tours were fully booked or almost fully booked and the private tours were selling like hot potatoes.
- I couldn’t block days off in July so I ended up doing tours every day except two (often 2-3 times a day) in July.
- I busted my knee while on a trip with the boyfriend (see #3 for probable causes)
- Overwhelmed by gratitude over this mind blowing start to my little endeavor I decided to give something back by hosting a charity day where I would give away all the proceeds of my tours for one day only to ICE-SAR, Iceland Search and rescue.
- Last week I transferred 100.000 ISK from my account to ICE-SAR. Success.
So that was my summer. Fabulous. Fantastic. Filled with joy.
And I’m happy to announce that I will be continuing on this autumn and winter and I’ve already opened up for bookings in September to December. See you there!